The historic Schorenstein Garage and Railing Shop, located at 216-218 Bates Ave., was recently purchased by a young couple, Cory Vandenberghe and Tia Helfrich, who will renovate it into their home. The property was included in the April 2016 Dayton’s Bluff Vacant Home Tour.
The property is the last from the vacant home tour to be sold
From left to right, the newly elected board members include Barry White, Holly Windingstad, Crystal Norcross, Rasheed Wade, Tamara York-Tallman, Kirstin Scanlan Madore, Yingya Vang and Micheal Boyd. Newly elected candidates not pictured include Elizabeth Matakis and Henry Garnica.
“Let’s create a paradigm that changes the East Side,” said Jesus Ramirez, Dayton’s Bluff resident, artist and keynote speaker for the Dayton’s Bluff Community Council’s annual meeting on Oct. 27.
The Not Guilty Band was one the many performances that hit the stage during the 7th Street Live event. At right, many food trucks were available during the 7th Street Live event located along East 7th Street between Minnehaha Avenue and Forest Street.
7th Street Live, the Dayton’s Bluff music, art and food festival, enjoyed beautiful weather on Aug. 13. This was the festival’s second year and was organized by the Dayton’s Bluff Community Council and the East Side radio station WEQY 104.7 FM.
The St. Paul Saloon, located at 1045 Hudson Road, was purchased by a new owner in the late spring and will open in late August or early September. Below, Alex Rivero, the new owner of St. Paul Saloon, made some cosmetic updates by replacing the carpet and painting. He also updated appliances and the food and drink menus.
The St. Paul Saloon, a small establishment with a checkered past located next to the Historic Mounds Theatre on Hudson Road, is now under new ownership.
Clockwise from top left: 275 Bates Ave., built in 1884, is 1,640 square feet with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. 700 E. Fourth St., built in 1879, is a two story Queen Anne style home. 737 Plum St., built in 1882, is 2,192 square feet with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. 767 E. Fourth St., built in 1890, is 2,136 square foot home with 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
Neighborhood & city partnership prevent demolition of historic homes